NEW ORLEANS, Oct. 29, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Entergy Corporation utilities in Arkansas, Louisiana, Mississippi and Texas are sending a second wave of emergency workers to help restore utility service to those expected to lose power due to Hurricane Sandy. With today's addition, the company is sending a total of more than 850 highly-experienced restoration workers and support personnel to the region impacted by the hurricane.
"We are sending more workers, both our company employees and our resident contract work force, to join those who left last weekend," said Greg Grillo, who coordinates Entergy's storm response. "They include scouts, who assess damage when safe to do so after the storm, and tool workers who will help rebuild the electrical system."
Scouts left today, and the tool workers will leave Tuesday. They will join 305 of their fellow Entergy workers who are already in the Northeast and standing by, ready to help. In addition, Entergy will provide some customer service representatives to remotely answer customer calls from affected areas."Sandy is forecast to be a devastating storm," Grillo said. "We are ready to help the utility companies in the region, just as they have helped us in the past." Entergy Corporation is an integrated energy company engaged primarily in electric power production and retail distribution operations. Entergy owns and operates power plants with approximately 30,000 megawatts of electric generating capacity, including more than 10,000 megawatts of nuclear power, making it one of the nation's leading nuclear generators. Entergy delivers electricity to 2.8 million utility customers in Arkansas, Louisiana, Mississippi and Texas. Entergy has annual revenues of more than $11 billion and approximately 15,000 employees. Entergy's online address is entergy.com
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV