TrueCar projected that GM (GM) sales will increase 7% in October, while Ford sales will increase 5% and Chrysler will increase 15%. Toyota is projected to gain 22%, with Honda and Hyundai Kia both up nearly 14% and Nissan (NSANY) up 5%.
Pickup truck sales are expected to gain about 6% in October, helping the Detroit Three, as a result of the improving house market. "Tightening supply and growing demand for new homes are breathing new life into the construction industry, boosting truck sales as construction workers come back to market and finally replace their aging vehicles," said Edmunds.com analyst Lacey Plache.
-- Written by Ted Reed in Charlotte, N.C.>To contact the writer of this article, click here: Ted Reed
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV