Actuate Corporation (NASDAQ: BIRT), The BIRT Company and the leader in open source business intelligence (BI), today announced financial results for the third quarter 2012.
Third Quarter 2012 Financial and Operational Highlights:
- License revenue up 13% year-over-year to $13.3 million;
- Revenue included 2 transactions with a license component in excess of $1.0 million;
- Total revenue of $32.2 million;
- Non-GAAP operating margin of 18% and non-GAAP operating income of $5.7 million;
- Non-GAAP fully diluted EPS of $0.08;
- Total cash and short-term investments of $74.6 million on September 30, 2012, an increase of $11.1 million from a year ago;
- The Company repurchased $6.0 million worth of stock during the quarter.
“Our mixed third quarter results reflect some macroeconomic uncertainty particularly in Europe. However, our core BIRT-based business continues to drive a strong medium to long term outlook for Actuate. Our focus remains upon hiring sales-generating headcount and investing in research and development, to take advantage of the growing pipeline of opportunities for commercial BIRT,” said Pete Cittadini, President and CEO of Actuate. “We believe our recent acquisition of Quiterian fits very well into Actuate’s core business and strengthens our unique ability to help more end users identify and operationalize insights derived from any data source. Quiterian’s analytics capabilities will empower business users far beyond the capabilities of existing data discovery and business intelligence technologies, to present them with a powerful combination of analysis, visualization and information delivery options.”
Tweet this: #Actuate NASDAQ: $BIRT: License revenue +13% YOY; Non-GAAP diluted EPS $0.08; Non-GAAP Op Margin 18%Revenues as reported in accordance with U.S. generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP) for the third quarter of 2012 were $32.2 million, down 5% when compared with $33.8 million in the third quarter of 2011. License revenues for the third quarter of 2012 were $13.3 million, up 13% when compared with $11.8 million in the year-ago quarter. Service revenues for the quarter were $18.9 million, compared with $22.0 million reported in the same quarter last year. For the nine months ended September 30, 2012, GAAP revenues were $103.2 million compared to GAAP revenues of $99.6 million for the comparable period of 2011. License revenues for the nine months ended September 30, 2012 were $42.4 million, up 18% when compared with $35.9 million for the comparable period of 2011. Services revenues for the nine months ended September 30, 2012 were $60.9 million compared to $63.7 million for the comparable period of 2011. GAAP operating income was $2.7 million for the third quarter of 2012, compared with $6.8 million in the third quarter of 2011. GAAP net income for the third quarter of 2012 was $107,000, or $0.00 per diluted share, compared with net income of $4.7 million, or $0.09 per diluted share, in the third quarter of 2011. For the nine months ended September 30, 2012, GAAP operating income was $15.2 million compared with $13.1 million in the comparable period of 2011. GAAP net income for the nine months ended September 30, 2012 was $9.5 million, or $0.18 per diluted share, compared with $7.0 million, or $0.14 per diluted share, in the comparable period of 2011.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV