Fiscal 2013 Outlook
The Company has also released an updated Outlook Statement which reflects expected earnings of $1.00 to $1.20 per share for its 2013 fiscal year.
More information on the fiscal 2013 forecast is available through the Company’s
Outlook Statement, located in the “Investor” section of its Web site,
Fourth Quarter 2012 Results
In addition, the Company has released its results for the quarter ended Sept. 30, 2012, which include the following:
- Average client trades per day of approximately 328,000, an activity rate of 5.7 percent (2)
- Net new client assets of approximately $10 billion, an annualized growth rate of 9 percent
- Net revenues of $647 million, 58 percent of which were asset-based
- Pre-tax income of $225 million, or 35 percent of net revenues
- Net income of $143 million, or $0.26 per diluted share
- EBITDA of $274 million, or 42 percent of net revenues (3)
During the fourth quarter of fiscal 2012, TD Ameritrade repurchased 1.8 million shares of its common stock at an average price of $16.38 per share, for approximately $30 million. For the full year of fiscal 2012, the Company has used approximately $196 million to repurchase 11.8 million shares at an average price of $16.58 per share.
Quarterly Dividend Increase
The Company has declared a $0.09 per share quarterly cash dividend, an increase of 50 percent, from the previous quarter’s dividend. The dividend is payable on Nov. 23, 2012 to all holders of record of common stock as of Nov. 9, 2012.
“In 2012, TD Ameritrade returned 56 percent of our net income to our shareholders,” Tomczyk continued. “Increasing our quarterly dividend by 50 percent to $0.09 per share is another effective way for us to continue returning that capital and expand our investor base. Our financial position and cash flow remain healthy, providing us with the continued flexibility to return capital to our shareholders while investing in future growth in these challenging macroeconomic times.”
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link reveal their investment tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
Jim Cramer's protégé, David Peltier, uncovers low dollar stocks with extraordinary upside potential that are flying under Wall Street's radar.
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts