For a full reconciliation of each non-GAAP item used herein to the most directly comparable GAAP financial measure, please refer to the schedule included with this release. The Company believes the additional non-GAAP measures are useful to investors for the purpose of financial analysis. Management uses these non-GAAP measures internally to evaluate its in-period operating performance before gains, losses and other charges that are considered by management to be outside of the Company’s core operating results. In addition, the measures are used to plan for the Company’s future periods. However, non-GAAP measures are neither stated in accordance with, nor are they a substitute for, GAAP measures.
THIRD QUARTER AND RECENT HIGHLIGHTS
Highlights of events during the third quarter of 2012 and recently include:
- On October 2, 2012, Goldman Sachs completed the repurchase of PMC’s common stock under the Accelerated Stock Buyback Agreement previously announced on May 2, 2012. Total shares repurchased under the Accelerated Stock Buyback Agreement are 26.8 million. In addition, PMC repurchased an additional 6.9 million shares under the Employee Equity Stock Buyback Plan which was approved for $40 million. The total amount of shares repurchased under both programs is approximately 33.7 million, representing approximately 14.5 percent of PMC’s total shares outstanding as of May 2, 2012.
- PMC announced the redemption of the Company’s 2.25% senior convertible notes. The redemption took place on October 20, 2012, at one hundred per cent (100%) of the outstanding principal amount of the notes plus accrued and unpaid interest. On October 20, 2012, PMC redeemed the remaining outstanding Senior Convertible Notes for approximately $51.8 million.
- As a leader in the innovation of storage networks for next generation cloud, data center, and broader market applications, Adaptec by PMC recently announced the introduction of the Series 7 family of RAID adapters, representing the industry’s first and highest port count PCIe Gen 3 6Gb/s SAS/SATA RAID adapters. The Adaptec Series 7 family represents the first RAID adapters to take full advantage of PCIe Gen3 bandwidth, providing unmatched performance for a broad range of enterprise and cloud computing applications. With 16 direct-connected solid state drives (SSDs), Series 7 adapters can deliver up to 450,000 input/output operations per second (IOPS) on a 4K random read block size, equivalent to nearly 10x the performance of previous-generation RAID adapters.
- Building on its optical leadership, PMC delivered the industry’s first tri-speed converged carrier Ethernet/OTN framer. PMC's PM5442 META 120G enables OEMs to substantially reduce total development costs by addressing high-speed line-card needs with a single silicon platform. As interconnect speeds increase, OTN is emerging as the de-facto protocol enabling seamless and scalable convergence of IP infrastructure and the optical transport domain. OTN provides the operations, administration and maintenance (OAM) functionality necessary for a DWDM transport infrastructure, and service providers see value in extending the OTN OAM out to the router interface. Additionally, OTN supports forward error correction (FEC) for reach extension, significantly increasing the number of links over which 100G can be deployed.
Third Quarter 2012 Conference CallManagement will review the third quarter 2012 results and share its outlook for the fourth quarter of 2012 during a conference call at 1:30 pm Pacific Time/4:30 pm Eastern Time on October 29, 2012. The conference call webcast will be accessible under the Financial News and Events section at: http://investor.pmcs.com. To listen to the conference call live by telephone, dial 1 (888) 771-4371 (US Toll Free) or 1 (847) 585-4405 (International) with passcode 33368644, approximately 10 minutes before the start time. A telephone playback will be available after the completion of the call and can be accessed at 1 (888) 843-7419 using the access code 33368644#. A replay of the webcast will be available for 10 business days. Safe Harbor Statement This release contains forward-looking statements that involve risks and uncertainties. The Company’s SEC filings describe the risks associated with the Company’s business, including PMC’s limited revenue visibility due to variable customer demands, market segment growth or decline, orders with short delivery lead times, customer concentration, changes in inventory, and other items such as foreign exchange rates and volatility in global financial markets.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV