- Net sales increased 22.3% to $95.9 million from $78.4 million in the third quarter ended September 25, 2011.
- For all Direct-to-Consumer channels, comparable store sales increased 10.9%, following an increase of 23.9% in the third quarter of 2011.
- Direct-to-Consumer North America comparable store sales (including e-commerce sales) increased 10.7%, following an increase of 24.7% in the third quarter of 2011. Excluding e-commerce sales, Direct-to-Consumer North America comparable store sales increased 8.0%, following an increase of 21.4% in the third quarter of 2011.
- Direct-to-Consumer International comparable store sales in local currency increased 21.8% excluding e-commerce sales, and 27.0% including e-commerce sales. In U.S. dollars, Direct-to-Consumer International comparable store sales increased 7.7% excluding e-commerce sales and 12.4% including e-commerce sales.
- Gross profit increased by 22.7% to $55.2 million from $45.0 million in the third quarter of 2011. Gross margin was 57.6% compared to 57.4% in the third quarter of 2011.
- Operating income increased by 42.2% to $17.3 million from $12.1 million in the third quarter of 2011. Operating income margin was 18.0% compared to 15.5% in the third quarter of 2011.
- Net income was $10.5 million, or $0.15 per diluted share based on 67.9 million diluted weighted average common shares outstanding, as compared to $1.6 million, or $0.03 per diluted share based on 52.5 million diluted weighted average common shares outstanding in the third quarter of 2011.
- During the third quarter of 2012, Tumi opened 5 new stores.
- At September 23, 2012, Tumi operated 111 company-owned stores.
Tumi Holdings Announces Financial Results For The Third Quarter Of 2012
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
Every recommendation goes through 3 layers of intense scrutinyquantitative, fundamental and technical analysisto maximize profit potential and minimize risk.
Our options trading pros provide over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.