Please replace the release with the following corrected version due to multiple revisions.
The corrected release reads:
TUMI HOLDINGS ANNOUNCES FINANCIAL RESULTS FOR THE THIRD QUARTER OF 2012
Tumi Holdings, Inc. (NYSE: TUMI), the leading global brand of premium travel, business and lifestyle products and accessories, today announced its financial results for the third quarter ended September 23, 2012.For the third quarter of 2012:
- Net sales increased 22.3% to $95.9 million from $78.4 million in the third quarter ended September 25, 2011.
- For all Direct-to-Consumer channels, comparable store sales increased 10.9%, following an increase of 23.9% in the third quarter of 2011.
- Direct-to-Consumer North America comparable store sales (including e-commerce sales) increased 10.7%, following an increase of 24.7% in the third quarter of 2011. Excluding e-commerce sales, Direct-to-Consumer North America comparable store sales increased 8.0%, following an increase of 21.4% in the third quarter of 2011.
- Direct-to-Consumer International comparable store sales in local currency increased 21.8% excluding e-commerce sales, and 27.0% including e-commerce sales. In U.S. dollars, Direct-to-Consumer International comparable store sales increased 7.7% excluding e-commerce sales and 12.4% including e-commerce sales.
- Gross profit increased by 22.7% to $55.2 million from $45.0 million in the third quarter of 2011. Gross margin was 57.6% compared to 57.4% in the third quarter of 2011.
- Operating income increased by 42.2% to $17.3 million from $12.1 million in the third quarter of 2011. Operating income margin was 18.0% compared to 15.5% in the third quarter of 2011.
- Net income was $10.5 million, or $0.15 per diluted share based on 67.9 million diluted weighted average common shares outstanding, as compared to $1.6 million, or $0.03 per diluted share based on 52.5 million diluted weighted average common shares outstanding in the third quarter of 2011.
- During the third quarter of 2012, Tumi opened 5 new stores.
- At September 23, 2012, Tumi operated 111 company-owned stores.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV