- Net sales increased 22.3% to $95.9 million from $78.4 million in the third quarter ended September 25, 2011.
- For all Direct-to-Consumer channels, comparable store sales increased 10.9%, following an increase of 23.9% in the third quarter of 2011.
- Direct-to-Consumer North America comparable store sales (including e-commerce sales) increased 10.7%, following an increase of 24.7% in the third quarter of 2011. Excluding e-commerce sales, Direct-to-Consumer North America comparable store sales increased 8.0%, following an increase of 21.4% in the third quarter of 2011.
- Direct-to-Consumer International comparable store sales in local currency increased 21.8% excluding e-commerce sales, and 27.0% including e-commerce sales. In U.S. dollars, Direct-to-Consumer International comparable store sales increased 7.7% excluding e-commerce sales and 12.4% including e-commerce sales.
- Gross profit increased by 22.7% to $55.2 million from $45.0 million in the third quarter of 2011. Gross margin was 57.6% compared to 57.4% in the third quarter of 2011.
- Operating income increased by 42.2% to $17.3 million from $12.1 million in the third quarter of 2011. Operating income margin was 18.0% compared to 15.5% in the third quarter of 2011.
- Net income was $10.5 million, or $0.15 per diluted share based on 67.9 million diluted weighted average common shares outstanding, as compared to $1.6 million, or $0.03 per diluted share based on 52.5 million diluted weighted average common shares outstanding in the third quarter of 2011.
- During the third quarter of 2012, Tumi opened 5 new stores.
- At September 23, 2012, Tumi operated 111 company-owned stores.
Tumi Holdings Announces Financial Results For The Third Quarter Of 2012
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.