SAN JOSE and CHICAGO, Oct. 29, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Cavium, Inc. (NASDAQ: CAVM), a leading provider of highly integrated semiconductor products that enable intelligent processing for networking, communications and the digital home, will showcase a live demonstration of the industry-leading capabilities of the OCTEON Fusion™ "base station on a chip" and a highly - optimized AdvancedTCA® DPI-hardened TurboDPI Deep Packet Inspection solution at the 4G World conference and exhibition in Chicago at the McCormick Center, booth 522.
Cavium's OCTEON Fusion processors deliver breakthrough capacity and throughput for small cell base stations, including micro, pico and enterprise femto base stations. The OCTEON Fusion features a high performance multi-core architecture with purpose-built baseband DSP cores, LTE hardware accelerators and integrated digital front end (DFE) processing delivering a true carrier-class capability.
LTE Small Cell Base Station Demonstration: Live demonstration showing Cavium's breakthrough turn-key indoor small cell LTE eNodeB reference design, streaming multiple HD video and audio streams along with high-throughput FTP traffic in a configuration that accommodates up to 32 user devices (e.g., smartphones or tablets).Evolved Packet Core Deep Packet Inspection Demonstration: Kontron and Cavium will illustrate how TEMs can use Deep Packet Inspection to analyze up to 1Tbps (1000Gbps) of traffic to: identify protocols and applications, monitor response times, extract relevant data, prevent inappropriate URLs, and detect intrusion attempts or malware using an integrated COTS hardware/software solution. The combination of Kontron's AdvancedTCA® DPI-hardened platform, Cavium's OCTEON® II CN6880 32 core processors (which recently won the "Best Embedded Processor" Analysts' Choice Award from The Linley Group) and Cavium TurboDPI™ software will allow TEMs to quickly deploy network element designs for 4G LTE and carrier cloud-based services that require high performance processing of fixed and mobile streaming data. "We are excited to demonstrate why leading carriers such as Korea's KT and SKT have selected OCTEON Fusion for their small cell infrastructure initiatives ( http://www.cavium.com/newsevents.html)", said YJ Kim, General Manager – Infrastructure Processor Group, Cavium. "Our OCTEON Fusion turnkey, ready to manufacture LTE small cell reference design includes an integrated, IOT-proven L1 – L3 software stack, accelerating time-to-market for both base station equipment manufacturers and service providers. The reference design enables the delivery of LTE throughput to a large subscriber base with minimal capex. In addition our OCTEON multi-core processors are widely used in 3G and 4G macro cell basestations, providing our customers with a full range of compatible solutions." During the 4G World exhibition Cavium also will feature the following products powering end-to-end solutions for 4G networks:
- OCTEON Multi-core MIPS64 Processors- 1 to 48 core MIPS64 L2-L7 processors for Base stations/eNodeB of all capacities, RNC, xGSN/Gateways/ePC.
- OCTEON XL Accelerator Boards- 4 – 40 Gbps Gigabit Ethernet NICs designed for rich and secure network services, compression and pattern matching
- Cavium Software Solutions & Toolkits- Variety of multi-core optimized, software toolkits for Data plane functions and TurboDPI for Deep Packet Inspection
- Cavium's Ecosystem Partner Solutions- Extensive software and hardware partner solutions for wireless equipment, including high-throughput LTE small cell backhaul technology from Athena Wireless Communications
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV