Feeding America Prepares For Hurricane Sandy
Member Food Banks Ready to Provide Emergency Food and Water To Thousands Affected by the Storm
CHICAGO, Oct. 29, 2012 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- As the nation's largest domestic hunger relief organization, Feeding America is preparing to provide food, water and other supplies to those affected by Hurricane Sandy. Thousands of pounds of supplies are already stationed near the anticipated disaster zone to make sure that those affected by the storm have immediate access to food and water.
Through a network of more than 200 food banks and 61,000 food pantries, emergency shelters and soup kitchens, Feeding America is able to reach into disaster affected communities with basic needs supplies including food, water and cleaning products. It is anticipated that the service areas of 25 to 35 Feeding America food banks could be adversely affected by the storm.
The organization has pre-staged emergency food supplies throughout the nation, including significant quantities of food and water at the Community Food Bank of New Jersey in Hillside. These provisions can be to quickly transport to food banks throughout the region as they are needed.Feeding America food banks help low-income Americans throughout the nation 365 days a year. They will distribute more than 3.5 billion pounds of food and groceries to more than 37 million Americans in 2012. "It is our responsibility to ensure preparedness for disaster response and relief, so that we can move food to affected areas as quickly as possible -- and stay as long as our help is needed," said Matt Knott, interim president and CEO of Feeding America. "We are there to offer support long after these disasters disappear from the headlines." Feeding America's advance disaster response efforts are funded by grants from Allstate Insurance, Abbott Laboratories and PepsiCo.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV