"Any time a company can bring 200 new jobs to an area, especially in a struggling economy, it is a plus," said Club Manager Johnson, who started his Sam's Club career 23 years ago as a cashier in Lenexa, Kansas. "I went from being a cashier to leading several clubs throughout the nation, which shows the career possibilities available through Sam's Club."
Sam's Club associates selected several local organizations to receive donations, including:
- A $10,000 donation to the SSM St. Joseph Foundation for the obstetrics unit at SSM St. Joseph Hospital West
- A $5,000 donation to LINC
- A $5,000 grant to the Wentzville Green Lantern Senior Center
- A $5,000 grant to for the Friends of Wentzville Park
- The Wentzville Sam's Club will also help fight hunger through regular product donations to the St. Louis Area Food Bank, a certified member of Feeding America.
"We are extremely grateful for this generous gift that will allow us to purchase five new bassinets for our newborns," said Sherry Gerke, director of the SSM St. Joseph Hospital Foundation. "This is especially timely. In August we had 127 deliveries, the highest number of babies born in one month at SSM St. Joseph Hospital West since it opened 26 years ago."
In 2011, Sam's Club donated $30.3 million in cash and in-kind donations from stores, clubs and The Walmart Foundation to local non-profit organizations in Missouri.Grand Opening Event The grand opening ceremony will take place at 8 a.m., Tuesday, Oct. 30. Local officials and members of the Western St. Charles County Chamber of Commerce will be in attendance, along with 200 Sam's Club associates. For opening weekend, Sam's Club will be offering special membership savings.