"Any time a company can bring 200 new jobs to an area, especially in a struggling economy, it is a plus," said Club Manager Johnson, who started his Sam's Club career 23 years ago as a cashier in Lenexa, Kansas. "I went from being a cashier to leading several clubs throughout the nation, which shows the career possibilities available through Sam's Club."Sam's Club associates selected several local organizations to receive donations, including:
- A $10,000 donation to the SSM St. Joseph Foundation for the obstetrics unit at SSM St. Joseph Hospital West
- A $5,000 donation to LINC
- A $5,000 grant to the Wentzville Green Lantern Senior Center
- A $5,000 grant to for the Friends of Wentzville Park
- The Wentzville Sam's Club will also help fight hunger through regular product donations to the St. Louis Area Food Bank, a certified member of Feeding America.