WENTZVILLE, Mo., Oct. 29, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Sam's Club will celebrate the opening of its first club in Wentzville – including 200 new jobs to the community – during a special ribbon-cutting ceremony at 8 a.m. on Tuesday, Oct. 30.
Located at 3055 Bear Creek Drive off I-70 at the Wentzville Parkway exit, the new Sam's Club will service one of the fastest growing areas of Missouri and is expected to draw residents of St. Charles and other surrounding counties. Sam's Club will give back to the community by donating nearly $39,000 in grants to local charities in celebration of the grand opening.
"Our Wentzville Sam's Club will enhance the shopping experience in the western section of St. Charles County and even into Lincoln County," said Club Manager Steven Johnson. "Previously, the closest Sam's Club was more than 20 miles away. As members of this rapidly growing community stay busy with work and families, we are excited to help our members save time and money through innovative services and amazing savings."Wentzville Mayor Nick Guccione lauded the partnership between Sam's Club and the city. "We are already seeing that Sam's Club is going to be a great partner with our community," said Guccione. "The increase in tax revenue the club will bring will allow for better roads, more police and other benefits for our area. We truly expect the opening of Sam's Club to spur more growth in Wentzville as we reach our second phase of growth." The Wentzville Sam's Club will be the 17 th club in Missouri. Sam's Club, along with parent company Walmart Stores Inc., employs nearly 42,000 associates in Missouri and last year provided more than $524 million in taxes to state and local municipalities. Club to Employ 200 Associates, Contribute $39,000 to Community The Wentzville Sam's Club will employ approximately 200 associates, both full- and part-time.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV