COVINGTON, La., Oct. 29, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- The Covington Sam's Club will open Tuesday, Oct. 30, at 8:30 a.m. in West St. Tammany Parish's River Chase development, located at 69630 Stirling Blvd. With a convenient location near I-12 and services including a fuel station and pharmacy, the new club will bring a unique shopping experience to local residents.
The grand opening ceremony, led by Covington Sam's Club Manager Chris Cuevas, will feature local dignitaries and special appearances as community officials cut the ribbon to signify the club's opening. Cuevas, who began his career with Sam's Club in 1997 and has held a management position previously at the Houma, La., Sam's Club, has overseen the hiring of 180 new Sam's Club associates for the Covington club, bringing new jobs and growth opportunities to the West St. Tammany Parish community.
"We're happy to welcome our new neighbor, Sam's Club, to our area," said Covington Mayor Mike Cooper. "Sam's Club supplies great values for home and business shoppers in a convenient location, and also features rewarding career opportunities with the addition of more than 180 new jobs. They are a welcome addition to our community."Hiring for the new club began shortly before Hurricane Isaac moved through South Louisiana. The 30 associates hired up to the August storm volunteered to help hurricane recovery efforts through the Red Cross. After many local restaurants flooded during the hurricane, leaders of the area's popular Wooden Boat Festival looked to the new Sam's Club to provide food for its volunteers. Cuevas said his team was excited to immediately engage in the community.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV