NORTHBROOK, Ill., Oct. 29, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Allstate is prepared and ready to respond quickly to Hurricane Sandy, as it makes its way along the East Coast and impacts communities.
Allstate's National Catastrophe Team has approximately 1,100 claim personnel staged for deployment and located in our catastrophe centers. Nine of its mobile claims centers and catastrophe response vehicles are staged in Harrisburg, Pa., and Raleigh, N.C., in advance of Hurricane Sandy's landfall, with 12 additional teams and mobile claim centers ready to roll as needed. Once authorities give clearance to enter the affected areas, agents and the catastrophe team will be available to help Allstate policyholders start the claim process.
Claims personnel are available 24/7. After Sandy makes landfall, Allstate customers who suffered damage can call 1-800-54-STORM (800-457-8676), go online to http://www.allstate.com/claims/report-claim.aspx or contact their agent to file a claim or receive additional information about the claims process.
Meantime, if it's safe to do so, Allstate reminds residents about some quick and simple steps to prepare for the hurricane. Consider the following tips:
- Conduct a home inventory of your property. It's helpful to keep track of model numbers and stores where items were purchased. Store your inventory, including photos and videos, in a safe place away from your home.
- Develop an evacuation plan that includes identification of safe areas, escape routes, meeting locations and plans for pets.
- Prepare an Emergency Supply Kit including a three-day supply of water, non-perishable food, radio and batteries, flashlight and first-aid kit.
- Remove any diseased and damaged limbs from trees to keep them from blowing around during a storm and causing property or automobile damage.
- Purchase materials such as plywood that can be used to reinforce your windows, doors and garage doors. Install anchors and pre-drill holes for the plywood so you can install them quickly in the event of a storm.