Liberty Global’s valuation assesses the value per share for Telenet at €28 - €35. Liberty Global, which has been advised by Morgan Stanley, will include the details of the valuation in the prospectus provided to investors in the event the Intended Offer is launched.
Liberty Global continues to believe that the Offer Price represents a meaningful premium to its view on the intrinsic value of Telenet and a unique opportunity for the shareholders to monetize their entire investment at a time when the European cable sector is trading at a multi-year high.
The Offer Price represents:
- A premium of 23% over the mid-point DCF based valuation of €28.48 per share, 1 based on Telenet management’s latest projections at the time of Liberty Global’s announcement of the Intended Offer;
- A premium of 14% over the volume weighted average share price for the period of one month ended September 19, 2012; 2
- A premium of 17% over the volume weighted average share price for the period of six months ended September 19, 2012; 2
- 15.7x 2012E EBITDA - Capex 3 implied multiple, which is a significant premium to the corresponding metric of 13.5x 4 of Ziggo N.V. (“Ziggo”) as of September 19, 2012; and
- 9.1x 2012E Adjusted EBITDA 3 implied multiple, which is a meaningful premium to the average of certain comparable quoted cable operators 5 of 8.4x 4 2012E EBITDA as of September 19, 2012.
Further information regarding the justification of the Offer Price and its attractiveness to Telenet shareholders will be included in the prospectus of the Intended Offer, to be filed for approval with the Belgian financial services and markets authority.Whether or not the Intended Offer will eventually be made as a formal binding offer depends on a number of conditions, including overall financial market conditions and Liberty Global’s ability to raise satisfactory financing. In the event that Liberty Global decides not to proceed with a formal offer, Liberty Global will immediately issue a further public announcement to that effect. If Liberty Global decides to proceed with the Intended Offer, a prospectus (containing the independent expert report) and a response memorandum (prepared by the independent directors of the board of Telenet) will be filed for approval with the FSMA.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV