"Within the financial space, we own BlackRock (BLK)," Wallace says.
BlackRock reported third-quarter earnings of $642 million, or $3.47 a share, increasing from $554 million, or $3.08 a share in the second quarter, and $595 million, or $3.23 a share, in the third quarter of 2011. Revenue grew 4% sequential and year-over-year, to $2.320 billion in the third quarter. Black Rock's third-quarter adjusted operating margin was 40.7%. The company bought back $1.3 billion in common shares during the first three quarters of 2012.
BlackRock's shares closed at $186.99 Friday, returning 8% year-to-date. Based on a quarterly payout of $1.50, the shares have a dividend yield of 3.21%. The shares trade for 13 times the consensus 2013 EPS estimate of $14.89.
-- Written by Philip van Doorn in Jupiter, Fla.>Contact by Email. Follow @PhilipvanDoorn
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV