Aetna (NYSE: AET) is making it easier for members affected by Hurricane Sandy to refill prescriptions and access employee assistance and behavioral health programs. The company also is extending claim and appeal filing times, and helping members who have evacuated find care outside their home areas, among other steps.
Aetna members and health care providers who need assistance can reach the company at the following toll-free numbers.
- Aetna Member Services: Call the number printed on your ID card*. If ID card is unavailable, call 1-800-443-AETNA (1-800-443-2386)
- Aetna Specialty Pharmacy Customer Service: 1-866-782-ASRX (1-866-782-2779)
- Aetna Rx Home Delivery Customer Service: 1-866-612-3862 or 1-800-227-5720
- Aetna Employee Assistance Program: 1-888-AETNA-EAP (1-888-238-6232)
- Aetna Dental: 1-877-238-6200
- Health care providers should contact the Provider Service Centers: - Indemnity and PPO-based benefit plans: 1-888-MD-Aetna (1-888-632-3862) - HMO benefit plans: 1-800-624-0756
* Replacement ID cards and access to a Personal Health Record (PHR) can be found on Aetna Navigator™: http://www.aetna.com/index.htm
“Many of our members and employees along the East Coast have had to leave their homes due to Hurricane Sandy and are unable to access their usual pharmacies, doctors and hospitals,” said Aetna Chairman, CEO and President Mark T. Bertolini. “Our thoughts are with those affected by the storm, and we urge people to take safety precautions. Aetna’s medical, pharmacy and behavioral health teams are ready to help our members and their families get the medications and care they need.”Aetna’s business operations in the path of the storm are shifting work to alternate locations around the country as needed to ensure that the company’s members continue to be served while also protecting the safety of Aetna employees. The company also has staged alternate work sites, including ample teleworking capacity, for employees whose home or office locations have lost power.