Duran and Wolff-Poitevien worked with a translator to ensure the word choices were culturally appropriate for each language. Significant care was given to selecting culturally tailored colors, words and images. Interestingly, the traditional nurse’s cap image used on the postcard, considered an outdated image of a nurse in the U.S. today, is still prevalent in Haiti. This image resonates with this specific Haitian audience. Finally, the postcard format was selected because it’s readily visible in their preferred language without the barrier of an envelope.
The objectives of the project, which was first addressed in 2010, implemented in 2011 and ongoing today are to:
1) Increase the number of Haitian customers who are contacted by the case manager.
2) Improve the Haitian customer’s experience and awareness of health plan services available to them.3) Improve the customer’s ability to manage his/her health condition which initiated the need for case management. While longer-term use measurements will be studied, initial results show success with all three objectives and savings in health care costs. Editor’s Note: October marks Health Literacy month. Health literacy is one of four key focus areas of Cigna Connects, our new corporate responsibility initiative and is a 24/7/365 effort at Cigna. Find more information on Cigna's health literacy work in the “Let’s Be Clear—Your Real World Guide to Health Insurance” section of our website: http://newsroom.cigna.com/letsbeclear About Cigna Cigna Corporation (NYSE: CI) is a global health service company dedicated to helping people improve their health, well-being and sense of security. All products and services are provided by or through operating subsidiaries of Cigna Corporation, including Connecticut General Life Insurance Company, Cigna Health and Life Insurance Company, Life Insurance Company of North America and Cigna Life Insurance Company of New York. Such products and services include an integrated suite of health services, such as medical, dental, behavioral health, pharmacy, vision, supplemental benefits, and other related products including group life, accident and disability insurance. Cigna maintains sales capability in 30 countries and jurisdictions, and has approximately 71 million customer relationships throughout the world. To learn more about Cigna®, including links to follow us on Facebook or Twitter, visit www.cigna.com.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV