DES PLAINES, Ill., Oct. 29, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- UOP LLC, a Honeywell (NYSE: HON) company, announced today that Honeywell Green Jet Fuel™ produced using Honeywell's UOP Renewable Jet Fuel process powered demonstration flights by Gulfstream Aerospace to this year's National Business Aviation Association (NBAA) convention.
Five Gulfstream aircraft traveled on October 27 and 28 from Gulfstream's headquarters in Savannah, Ga., to Orlando, Fla., for the NBAA convention, the world's largest civil aviation tradeshow.
Both engines of the aircraft were powered by a 50/50 blend of Honeywell Green Jet Fuel and petroleum-derived jet fuel. The renewable fuel was made with natural oils from camelina, an inedible plant that grows in conditions where other food crops cannot. This marked the first time Gulfstream's entire fleet has flown on renewable jet fuel.
"Honeywell Green Jet Fuel has been proven repeatedly throughout the aviation community as an alternative fuel source that not only meets strict flight specifications, but also offers significant emissions reductions," said Jim Rekoske, vice president and general manager of Honeywell's UOP Renewable Energy and Chemicals business unit. "We are pleased that Gulfstream chose to incorporate Honeywell Green Jet Fuel into its companywide sustainability initiative."Gulfstream G150, G280, G450, G550 and G650 aircraft participated in the flights. Previously, Gulfstream's G450 was the only Gulfstream aircraft flown using renewable jet fuel. Each gallon of camelina-based Honeywell Green Jet Fuel burned instead of petroleum reduces the net carbon dioxide equivalent emissions by 68 percent. Depending on the feedstock, Honeywell Green Jet Fuel can offer a 65 to 85 percent reduction in greenhouse gas emissions relative to petroleum-based fuels.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV