WOONSOCKET, R.I., Oct. 29, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- In honor of National Diabetes Month in November, CVS/pharmacy ® is expanding its continued commitment to the growing community of people living with diabetes in the U.S. with new support and savings for members of the ExtraCare Advantage for Diabetes ® program. In addition to the special savings and rewards that members receive just for signing up, the program now offers more than $130 in savings from Diabetes Health Magazine and a variety of new instant and ongoing savings. CVS/pharmacy is also hosting free glucose screenings during National Diabetes Month in November.
"Every 17 seconds, another American is diagnosed with diabetes," said Papatya Tankut, RPh, Vice President of Pharmacy Affairs, CVS/pharmacy. "CVS/pharmacy is committed to being a resource for patients dealing with a new diagnosis or looking for ways to cut health costs without sacrificing care. Our pharmacists and our diabetes support programs are resources that patients can turn to for information and advice."
CVS/pharmacy's support programs for people living with diabetes and caregivers include:
- Diabetes Health Magazine: This magazine comes packed with $130 in savings from leading brand partners whose diabetic supplies and products are available at CVS/pharmacy (valid through 12/31/12), as well as health tips, recipes and advice from diabetes experts. Consumers can download a copy at CVS.com/diabetes.
- Instant & Ongoing Savings: All members who sign up for the ExtraCare Advantage for Diabetes program and have an ExtraCare card with an email on file will receive a $5 coupon in their inbox (valid through 12/31/12). Once enrolled, shoppers will continue to receive exclusive, members-only tips, recipes and savings year-round through in-store coupons and a monthly e-newsletter.
- Free Glucose Screenings: Through the Project Health wellness program, CVS/pharmacy will offer free glucose screenings at select stores in 10 of the largest U.S. cities during November. Participants will have access to professional consultations and referrals from Nurse Practitioners and CVS pharmacists. They will also receive a $5 coupon. Visit www.cvs.com/projecthealth for health screening event dates and locations. Free diabetes screenings are also available at MinuteClinic ( www.minuteclinic.com), the walk-in medical clinic inside select CVS/pharmacy locations. MinuteClinic is open 7 days a week, including evenings and weekends, no appointment necessary.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts