VAN BUREN TOWNSHIP, Mich. , Oct. 29, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Global automotive supplier Visteon Corporation (NYSE: VC) is actively demonstrating to auto manufacturers its latest advancements for vehicle controls – including features and functionality to which consumers have grown accustomed in their handheld devices. (Logo: http://photos.prnewswire.com/prnh/20001201/DEF008LOGO )
Visteon's extensive consumer research, supported by secondary data, shows that car buyers desire in-vehicle interfaces similar to those on their mobile phones, tablets and music players. Meeting these desires can be challenging for automakers that want to maintain brand identity and deliver a driving experience that is functional and promotes safety. Combining its research findings with its expertise in design and human-machine interaction (HMI), Visteon now can deliver an interface that is reliable, accurate and highly responsive.
Visteon's Ideal Occupant Interface has three features that are designed for easy use and offer superior craftsmanship:
- Hidden Touch Lens – When the vehicle is off, the display is invisible behind the seamless touch-sensitive surface, presenting a clean, sleek look. When the vehicle is powered on, the display is easy to see in all lighting conditions.
- Smart Panel – This feature detects the presence of the user's finger, but does not activate until a small amount of pressure is applied. It is enhanced with visual and audible feedback and will be expanded to include tactile feedback.
- Multi-Modal HMI – This feature enables standard touch mode and the next advancement in vehicle interfaces - spatial gesture control, which doesn't require the controls to be physically handled by the user.
"Advancements in the consumer electronics industry are pushing auto manufacturers to quickly assimilate their vehicle interfaces," said Christian Feltgen, Visteon global director of cockpit electronics. "It's an exciting area of technology development, and Visteon is leading this progression with the capabilities demonstrated in our Ideal Occupant Interface."A high-resolution image and video are available at www.visteon.com/media/multimedia. About VisteonVisteon is a leading global automotive supplier that designs, engineers and manufactures innovative climate, electronics and interior products for vehicle manufacturers. With corporate offices in Van Buren Township, Mich. (U.S.); Shanghai, China; and Chelmsford, UK; the company has facilities in 28 countries and employs approximately 22,000 people. Learn more at www.visteon.com. Follow us on Twitter @VisteonCorp ( www.twitter.com/visteoncorp) or subscribe to our YouTube channel at www.youtube.com/visteon. SOURCE Visteon Corporation
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV