Keep Your Pets Safe This Bonfire Night
LONDON, October 29, 2012 /PRNewswire/ --
Tesco Bank has teamed up with celebrity vet and This Morning regular Dr Scott Miller to offer owners guidance on keeping their pets safe on November 5 th. Bonfire Night is traditionally a difficult time of year for our furry friends, as the flash and bang of fireworks sends stress levels through the roof. But by adhering to some or all of these tips, you can ensure it will only be the fireworks working themselves into a frenzy on the night!
Dr Scott advises that pets are well exercised during the day and safely indoors before dark, while owners should avoid leaving animals alone on the big night itself. Drawing curtains blocks out light and dampens sound which can help keep your pet calm. Why not prepare for the event with special desensitising CDs which can help accustom pets to any loud and unpredictable noises? Additionally remember to let pets react in their own way, and be sure to stay relaxed yourself, as cats and dogs react to human cues.Below are a few more fun tips to keep your pets safe and relaxed:
- Play dance music - the consistent beat will cover the bangs of the fireworks.
- Make a den - animals naturally hide when scared, and providing a safe and sheltered place can keep them calm.
- Distract dogs by playing a game together, and offer cats treats to ease their worry.
- Try a 'thunder shirt' for a soothing squeeze, or 'mutt muffs' to protect your dog's ears.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts