- The U.K. retained its position as the favored destination for venture capital investment in Europe during the third quarter, despite experiencing drops in investment and deal flow compared with the same period a year ago. Companies in the U.K. raised €301 million through 59 deals, representing a 21% decrease in investment and a 34% decline in deals.
- Germany consolidated its position in second place as companies raised a total €266 million, dwarfing the €105 million raised during the same period last year. Deal flow was also up, by 26%, to 43 completed. Germany managed to attract a 26% share of venture investment in Europe compared to just 9% during the third quarter of 2011.
- France held on to third position, with companies raising €106 million for 32 deals, a 46% decline in investment and a 32% drop in deals from the same period last year.
- The Netherlands secured fourth spot, raising €71 million through four deals, a 71% increase in investment despite a 33% drop in deal flow compared with the third quarter of 2011.
About Dow JonesDow Jones & Company is a global provider of news and business information and a developer of technology to deliver content to consumers and organizations across multiple platforms. Dow Jones produces newspapers, newswires, Web sites, apps, newsletters, magazines, proprietary databases, conferences, radio and video. Its premier brands include The Wall Street Journal, Dow Jones Newswires, Factiva, Barron's, MarketWatch, SmartMoney and All Things D. Its information services combine technology with news and data to support business decision making. The company pioneered the first successful paid online news site and its industry leading innovation enables it to serve customers wherever they may be, via the Web, mobile devices and tablets. The Dow Jones Local Media Group publishes community newspapers, Web sites and other products in six U.S. states. Dow Jones & Company ( www.dowjones.com) is a News Corporation company (NASDAQ: NWS, NWSA; ASX: NWS, NWSLV; www.newscorp.com).
SOURCE Dow Jones & Company
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV