Garmin International Inc., a unit of Garmin Ltd. (NASDAQ: GRMN), the global leader in satellite navigation, announced today that Cessna Aircraft Company has selected the Garmin G5000 integrated avionics system for the new Citation Sovereign unveiled today at the National Business Aviation Association (NBAA) convention in Orlando, Fla.
“The selection of the G5000 for one of the industry’s most popular business jets is a testament to the performance and capability of Garmin avionics and demonstrates Cessna’s commitment to providing its customers with the most advanced and forward-thinking technology,” said Carl Wolf, Garmin’s vice president of aviation sales and marketing.
Representing the most intuitive pilot interface ever seen in this class of avionics, the G5000 combines four digital touchscreen controllers and triple multi-pane, widescreen displays enhanced with Garmin’s Synthetic Vision Technology (SVT™) for the ultimate in situational awareness.
The G5000 system includes a multitude of situational awareness and safety of flight features:
- SVT, which presents a 3D depiction of terrain, obstacles, traffic and the runway environment on the high resolution primary flight displays
- Dual integrated FMS supporting RNP, LPV, TOLD, and Performance data
- Dual Flight Director and dual channel, fail-passive Autopilot System with full integration to FMS and Autothrottles
- Solid state weather radar, featuring turbulence detection and ground clutter suppression
- Integrated Electronic Checklists
- Electronic documents, manuals and Charts linked to FMS
- Active and passive traffic surveillance functionality using advanced TCAS II/ACAS II technology and featuring patented Garmin ADS-B target correlation and tracking for industry-leading traffic management and airspace monitoring
- Advanced audio capabilities including 3D Audio
- Optional Iridium transceiver providing worldwide weather datalink in addition to voice communications and text messaging
- Optional SiriusXM Satellite Weather for U.S. and Canada provides a variety of weather data such as NEXRAD, METAR, lightning, winds aloft, echo tops and more
- Compliant with ADS-B, FANS 1/A and CPDLC requirements
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV