Red Hat, Inc. (NYSE: RHT), the world's leading provider of open source solutions, today announced that Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6, including the KVM hypervisor, has been awarded the Common Criteria Certification at Evaluation Assurance Level (EAL) 4+ – the highest level of assurance for an unmodified commercial operating system – for the Operating System Protection Profile (OSPP) including extended modules for Advanced Management, Advanced Audit, Labeled Security, and Virtualization for Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6 on Dell, HP, IBM and SGI hardware.
The Common Criteria is an internationally recognized set of standards used by the federal government and other organizations to assess the security and assurance of technology products. In the Common Criteria scheme, EAL represents the depth and rigor of the evaluation, giving consumers the confidence that products specified at a specific level meet the package of security assurance requirements associated with that level.
This certification provides government agencies, financial institutions, and customers in other security-sensitive environments the assurance that Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6 meets government security standards. Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6 features Security-Enhanced Linux (SELinux), a joint project developed with the National Security Agency (NSA). This Common Criteria certification provides assurance that using Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6 with the KVM hypervisor allows providers to host many tenants on the same machine while keeping their virtual guests separated from each other using Mandatory Access Control technology developed by the NSA.
Red Hat worked extensively with Dell, HP, IBM and SGI to certify Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6 on a broad spectrum of hardware. As part of this certification effort, Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6 has achieved Common Criteria Certification on the following hardware:
Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6 with virtualization support:
Dell based on x86 64bit Intel:
- Dell PowerEdge R720, R620, R820, R520, R320, R420
- Dell PowerEdge T620, T420, T320
- Dell PowerEdge M620, M520, M420, M820
HP based on x86 64bit Intel Xeon processors:
- HP ProLiant ML 100 and 300 series G6 product line
- HP ProLiant DL 100 series G6, 300 series G6 and G7, 500 series G7, 900 series G7 product line
- HP ProLiant BL 200 series G6 and G7, 400 series G6 and G7, 600 series G5, 600 series G7 product line
- HP ProLiant SL 100 series G6 product line
HP based on AMD64 processors:
- HP ProLiant DL 100 series G7, 500 series G7, 700 series G6 product line
- HP ProLiant BL 600 series G6 product line
- HP ProLiant SL 100 series G7 product line
IBM based on x86 64bit Intel Xeon processors:
- IBM System x: x3400 M2, x3400 M3, x3500 M2, x3500 M3, x3550 M2, x3550 M3, x3620 M3, x3630 M3, x3650 M2, x3650 M3
- IBM BladeCenter: HS22 and HS22V
- IBM iDataPlex: dx360 M2, dx360 M3
- IBM X5 systems: x3850 X5, x3950 X5, x3690 X5
SGI based on x86 64bit Intel Xeon processors:
- SGI® UV™ 1000, SGI® UV™ 100
- Dell based on x86 64bit Intel:
Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6 without virtualization support:
- All hardware listed above under “Red Hat Enterprise Linux with virtualization support”
- IBM Power Systems based on POWER7 processors
- IBM System z based on z/Architecture processors
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
24/7 market commentary from Jim Cramer and 20+ veteran Wall Street gurus. Get access to the latest trading ideas on stocks, options, and ETFs as well as a real-time forum to see the pros exchanging their investment ideas.
- Jim Cramer + 20 Wall Street pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Real-time trading forum
- Actionable trade ideas
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV