"While cancellations are never convenient, we hope customers understand that we are focused first and foremost on operating safely," Johnson said. "We are also striving to minimize the impact on travelers booked on flights outside the East Coast."
Trans-Atlantic carriers such as Lufthansa cancelled the flights that would have arrived in New York and Philadelphia on Monday.
Airlines encourage passengers to check their Web sites for up-to-date flight information. Starting on Friday, the carriers enabled passengers to cancel flights involving affected airports and to rebook with no change fees.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV