The new Bridgeport Barnes & Noble will feature:
- Large-scale Children’s and Teen Departments. Bigger than most typical bookstores and stocking more than 12,000 titles in an easy-to-browse environment, the Children’s Department is designed to appeal to children, parents, teachers and librarians. Our expansive Teens section features more than 3,000 titles specially selected to appeal to the reading interests of young adults. The Children’s Department will also host a weekly Storytime every Wednesday at 10:00 a.m. and other events featuring guest readers and costumed characters.
- Giant Newsstand. The store’s Newsstand stocks thousands of magazines, including hundreds of imported magazines, specialty titles, as well as a wide selection of newspapers and popular bestselling comic series.
- NOOK Boutique. Barnes & Noble welcomes NOOK customers to shop for our award-winning family of NOOK devices, including our new NOOK ® HD and NOOK ® HD+. Our knowledgeable team of NOOK experts will answer any questions and provide immediate, in-person support. The NOOK Boutique will also feature our outstanding collection of must-have NOOK accessories including designer covers and functional essentials to complete the experience. Also, to help our customers learn more about NOOK features and benefits, the store will host a weekly NOOK class.
- Educational Toys & Games Department. Barnes & Noble features the world’s smartest selection of curated educational toys and games at great values to encourage early childhood development and a lifelong love of learning and reading. This department also offers a vast assortment of games and puzzles specially selected for teens and adults at unbeatable prices to satisfy our customers’ diverse interests.
- B&N@School. The new B&N@School Department features educational tools and resources for teachers, librarians and parents. Educators are also offered 20% off merchandise for classroom use through Barnes & Noble’s Educator Program.
- Community Center. This store will serve as a local community center, hosting a number of community-oriented events throughout the year, including author signings and discussions, book clubs and programs with local literary and cultural organizations, and other annual events such as the Holiday Book Drive. The Business Development Department will also help local educators and businesses fulfill their digital needs through NOOK in Education and NOOK in Business. Tailored NOOK demonstrations and purchasing programs are available. Please contact Page Jordan at (503) 431-2088 for further details.
- Barnes & Noble Café Featuring Starbucks® Coffee and Cheesecake Factory Bakery® products. Relax and enjoy delicious food and drinks in a welcoming Café setting, including Starbucks beverages, desserts from the Cheesecake Factory Bakery, fresh-baked cookies and scones, soup, sandwiches, quiche and more.
- The Barnes & Noble Membership Program. Designed for Barnes & Noble’s best customers, this program gives Members 40% off hardcover bestsellers and 10% off virtually everything else in Barnes & Noble stores and online at BN.com. Members also benefit from free express shipping on all online purchases at BN.com. The annual fee is $25.
- Rapid special-order service. Can’t find it on the shelf? Barnes & Noble’s massive warehouse inventory is available in real-time, enabling its booksellers to order and confirm the availability of over one million titles at the click of a button.
- Complimentary Wi-Fi Service. Browse & download books, magazines, & newspapers in seconds, & easily check email via the free Wi-Fi® connection offered at all Barnes & Noble stores provided by AT&T. NOOK owners receive extra perks such as coupons and exclusive content from top authors when they connect their device to our complimentary Wi-Fi through our More in Store program.
* This offer is only valid at the Barnes & Noble retail store located in Bridgeport Village and ends on 11/23/2012, at close of business, while supplies last. This offer is only valid on NOOK Simple Touch (excluding NOOK Simple Touch with GlowLight) and is not valid on any other NOOK devices or products, and may not be combined with any other coupon or discount promotion or with the Membership, Educator, or Employee discounts. Limit 5 per customer. This offer is not valid at barnesandnoble.com or Barnes & Noble College bookstores or websites.
About Barnes & Noble, Inc.
Barnes & Noble, Inc. (NYSE:BKS) is a Fortune 500 company and the leading retailer of content, digital media and educational products. The company operates 689 Barnes & Noble bookstores in 50 states, and one of the Web’s largest e-commerce sites, BN.com ( www.bn.com). Its NOOK Media LLC subsidiary is a leader in the emerging digital reading and digital education markets. The NOOK digital business offers award-winning NOOK ® products and an expansive collection of digital reading and entertainment content through the NOOK Store ™ ( www.nook.com), while Barnes & Noble College Booksellers, LLC operates 667 bookstores serving over 4.6 million students and faculty members at colleges and universities across the United States. Barnes & Noble is proud to be named a J.D. Power and Associated 2012 Customer Service Champion and is one of only 50 U.S. companies so named. Barnes & Noble.com is ranked the number one online retailer in customer satisfaction in the book, music and video category and a Top 10 online retailer overall in customer satisfaction according to ForeSee E-Retail Satisfaction Index (Spring Top 100 Edition).General information on Barnes & Noble, Inc. can be obtained via the Internet by visiting the company's corporate website: www.barnesandnobleinc.com. NOOK ®, NOOK Store ™, NOOK Book ™, NOOK Magazine ™, NOOK Newspaper ™, NOOK Reading Apps ™, NOOK Channels ™, NOOK ® for Windows 8, NOOK Sync ™, ArticleView ™ and Read What You Love. Anywhere You Like ™ are trademarks of Barnes & Noble, Inc. Other trademarks referenced in this release are the property of their respective owners. Follow Barnes & Noble on Twitter ( www.bn.com/twitter), Facebook ( www.facebook.com/barnesandnoble) and YouTube ( www.youtube.com/user/bnstudio). About NOOK ® NOOK reading and entertainment products make it easy to read what you love, anywhere you like ™ with a fun, easy-to-use and immersive digital reading experience. With NOOK, customers gain access to the expansive NOOK Store ™ of more than 3 million digital books, plus periodicals, comics, apps, movies and TV shows, and the ability to enjoy content across a wide array of popular devices through free NOOK Reading Apps ™ and NOOK Video apps, available at www.nook.com/freenookapps. NOOK owners receive Always Free NOOK Support in any of Barnes & Noble’s nearly 700 bookstores. Find NOOK devices in Barnes & Noble stores and online at www.nook.com, as well as leading retailers including Best Buy, Walmart, Target and many others. NOOK products will also soon be available in the United Kingdom through www.nook.co.uk and leading retailers. For more information on NOOK, follow us on www.twitter.com/nookBN or www.twitter.com/nook_UK and www.facebook.com/nook.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV