Semtech Corporation (Nasdaq: SMTC), a leading supplier of analog and mixed-signal semiconductors, today announced its ToPSync technology has been deployed in more than one million network elements, a significant milestone in the deployment of IEEE1588 (PTP) technology.
ToPSync devices are deployed in more than 100 carrier networks spanning 2G, 3G and 4G systems. Semtech’s ToPSync platform is committed to meeting the challenges of the 4G time-aligned technologies as the growth in small cells accelerates to support high quality mobile broadband everywhere.
The growth of next-generation wireless networks - particularly the TDD- LTE advanced services - is heavily dependent on delivery of time alignment to the base stations. Semtech’s PTP solution has a proven record in delivering the required performance with a faultless reliability record. The unique combination of an embedded SONET/SDH & SyncE solution with all of the CPU, algorithm and time-stamping required brings exceptional multi-standard performance in the smallest available footprint.
“We started to get involved with PTP almost 10 years ago,” said Rich Lansdowne, Managing Director of Semtech’s Timing and Synchronization business. “To see this technology ‘come of age’ now is really exciting; everyone is talking about it. We have a great roadmap of new firmware and devices committed to lowering the cost, size and power while increasing flexibility and performance. In fact, our newest devices and firmware can support 100ns time alignment for small cells with a $5 TCXO.”ToPSync® products offer system designers the benefit of significant board space and system cost savings. The level of integration, along with RoHS & WEEE compliance contributes to energy conservation and hazardous waste reduction. Key Features of the ToPSync: ACS9510T , ACS9520T , ACS9550T , ACS9593T
- Full support for all modes of IEEE1588: multicast/unicast, one-step/two-step, I.P/Ethernet
- Single-chip for all master, slave and boundary clock applications
- Patented firmware for technique for mitigation of wander accumulation in boundary clock chains
- Full SONET/SDH/SyncE SETS solution (G.812/813, G.8262, GR253, GR1244, etc.)
- Hybrid solution for combining any layer 1 recovered clock with PTP for best ever time alignment performance
- Verified performance better than 300ns with OCXO on 10-switch G.8261 stack through all test case conditions
- Full hybrid performance better than 100ns with TCXO on 10-switch G.8261 stack through all test case conditions
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts