Ukraine's Parliamentary Elections Broadly In Line With Democratic Standards, According To International Observers
"There were no significant problems with the identification of voters, suggesting that the work of the Central Election Commission had strengthened the voter files. There were enough ballots and the vote was secret.
"We welcome the presence of webcams allowing online real-time monitoring of the elections in almost all polling stations, and archived footage of the vote counts.
"The PECs appeared to be properly staffed and the volunteers well-trained.
"The voting procedures were carried out in a professional and well organized manner, helping to make these elections broadly in line with international standards. Therefore we can qualify proceedings on election day as free and fair."The vote counts we witnessed were open and transparent, with opposition party members and election observers given correct access and oversight. "The implementation of the new Electoral Reform Law voted by the Verkhovna Rada (Parliament) was an encouraging sign, especially since it was approved by both opposition and government members of parliament. "We encourage the country to continue to strengthen democratic institutions on the European model, through constructive dialogue between the opposition and the ruling parties, and to further comply with OSCE and Council of Europe resolutions and commitments, in close cooperation with the Venice Commission. "In summary, from our standpoint, this election qualifies as a good election, not perfect but clearly acceptable, democratic, and broadly in line with international standards." SOURCE European Academy for Election Observation (EAEO)
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV