COLUMBUS, Ohio, Oct. 29, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Oxford Resource Partners, LP (NYSE: OXF) (the "Partnership" or "Oxford") declared a reduced cash distribution of $0.20 per common unit for its third quarter ended September 30, 2012. The Partnership determined that no cash distribution will be paid on its subordinated units for its third quarter ended September 30, 2012. The common units distribution will be paid on November 14, 2012, to all common unitholders of record as of the close of business on November 8, 2012.
As reported in its second quarter earnings release, by the end of 2012 the Partnership expected to receive $10-$15 million in proceeds from the sale of excess equipment from its Illinois Basin operations, which would provide additional liquidity for operations and allow the Partnership to make the third quarter distributions out of operating cash flows. However, the Partnership has determined it likely will not obtain acceptable value for the assets by the end of 2012. Therefore, the Partnership has elected to reduce the common units distribution and suspend the subordinated units distribution to preserve liquidity until its liquidity can be enhanced with funds generated from operations and/or proceeds from the sale of excess assets at acceptable values. This decision was made by the Board in the best interests of the Partnership as it continues to navigate a challenging environment.
Despite this environment, the Partnership's sales book is committed and priced fully for the remainder of 2012 and 97% for all of 2013 based on currently anticipated levels of production. The Partnership continues to explore value enhancing opportunities that capitalize on its low cost production profile and strategic importance to its customers.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV