(2) Adjusted EBITDA, Adjusted EBITDA Margin, Adjusted Net Income and Adjusted Diluted Earnings Per Share are non-GAAP financial measures. Please refer to “Non-GAAP Reconciliations” for further detail.
Organic revenue growth was 0.2%, excluding the impact of refranchising and FX headwinds. On a reported basis, total revenues decreased 25.8% to $451.1 million, compared to $607.7 million in the prior year period due to refranchising transactions in the U.S. and Canada, EMEA and APAC as well as unfavorable FX impact, partially offset by comparable sales growth and increased franchise and property revenues.
Organic Adjusted EBITDA growth was 6.3%, excluding the impact of refranchising and FX headwinds. On a reported basis, Adjusted EBITDA increased 0.6% to $162.0 million, compared to $161.0 million in the prior year period. Organic growth was driven by comparable sales and net restaurant growth, as well as G&A cost control, while growth was lower on a reported basis due to significant progress on our global refranchising initiative and FX headwinds primarily related to a weaker Euro. Year to date, Adjusted EBITDA grew 11%.
Adjusted net income and Adjusted Diluted EPS increased 12.7% and 10.6%, respectively, compared to the prior year, primarily due to an increase in Adjusted EBITDA, lower Depreciation and Amortization and lower interest expense. Year to date, Adjusted Net Income increased 26% and Adjusted Diluted EPS grew 25%.Operational and Segment Highlights System-wide comparable sales growth was positive across all segments except APAC. The U.S. and Canada delivered 1.6% comparable sales growth driven by the company’s Summer BBQ and Chicken offerings. The company was pleased with the results of its limited time offerings and progress in attracting a more diverse customer base, but experienced a deceleration in comparable sales growth due to more challenging prior year comparisons and the loss of some value based traffic. EMEA delivered comparable sales growth of 1.8%, driven by double digit comparable store sales growth in the company’s expanding Russian market, continued success of “Kings of the Day” promotions in the United Kingdom, and “King of the Month” deals in Germany. Performance in Southern Europe was softer, with the company’s key Spain market showing deceleration as economic conditions deteriorated during the quarter.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV