- Pre-tax income of $33.1 million increased 55% from the prior quarter driven by an $18.9 million or 42% increase in net gain on mortgage loan origination and sale activities.
- Return on equity of 37.16%, up from 34.87% in the prior quarter, and return on average assets of 3.50%, up from 3.04% in the prior quarter.
- Record single family mortgage production volume: $1.37 billion of closed loan production designated for sale, up 28% from the second quarter, and $1.31 billion of interest rate lock commitments, up 1% from the second quarter.
- HomeStreet maintained its ranking as the number two residential lender by volume of single family mortgages in the five-county Puget Sound area of Washington State (King, Snohomish, Pierce, Kitsap, and Thurston counties), as well as in Spokane County. The Company also became the number one single family mortgage lender in Clark County, Washington, and number three in the greater Portland, Oregon area. (1)
- Net interest margin increased to 3.08%, up from 2.83% in the prior quarter.
- Total loans held for investment rose $33.5 million, or 3% from the prior quarter with contributions from new lending in all of HomeStreet's primary lending lines of business; commercial, commercial real estate, construction and single family mortgage. This increase marks the first net increase in loans held for investment since the second quarter of 2008.
- Nonperforming assets declined to $55.3 million, or 2.20% of total assets, down from $73.7 million, or 3.04% of total assets, in the prior quarter.
- Total transaction and savings deposits rose to $1.03 billion, or 52.0% of total deposits, up from $953.4 million, or 50.0% of total deposits, in the prior quarter.
- Regulatory capital ratios for the Bank increased, with a Tier 1 leverage ratio of 10.8% and a total risk-based capital ratio of 17.9% at September 30, 2012.
HomeStreet, Inc. Reports Third Quarter 2012 Results
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.