NOOK Media LLC, a subsidiary of Barnes & Noble, Inc. (NYSE: BKS), the leading retailer of content, digital media and educational products, has announced a partnership with one of the UK’s largest supermarket chains, Asda. Through the partnership, the award-winning NOOK reading experience and digital products will be available as the exclusive Reader in over 300 Asda stores across the UK and online from Asda Direct.
Asda will feature the NOOK portfolio of products, including the award-winning NOOK Simple Touch ™ and NOOK Simple Touch GlowLight ™, which are available to pre-order online from today, and to experience first-hand in-store from late October. The NOOK Simple Touch is the easiest-to-use Reader with the world’s best, most paper-like reading screen, and the NOOK Simple Touch GlowLight adds an evenly distributed and adjustable light that is perfect for reading in the dark.
Both lightweight devices feature built-in access via Wi-Fi to Barnes & Noble’s digital catalogue of more than 2.5 million digital titles, including top-selling UK books, newspapers and magazines.
As well as these critically-acclaimed devices, Asda customers will also be able to buy the newly-announced super-fast and lightweight 7-inch NOOK ® HD and 9-inch NOOK ® HD+ Tablets on Asda Direct and in a selection of Asda stores when available in November.“Asda is a successful British retailer that puts value and customer service at the forefront of its business, we feel that it is a great brand fit for NOOK,” said Jamie Iannone, President NOOK Media LLC. “It has significant scale in the UK and we look forward to offering our award-winning products to their millions of discerning customers.” Andrew Thompson, technology expert at Asda, commented: “At Asda we always aim to deliver the best in value and quality to our customers. Partnering with Barnes & Noble gives us an opportunity to add great value, high quality devices to our offering.”
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV