HSINCHU, Taiwan, Oct. 28, 2012 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- AU Optronics Corp. ("AUO" or the "Company") (TAIEX: 2409; NYSE: AUO), today announced the world's narrowest border (* ) on its 4.46-inch cell phone and touch panel integration technology. AUO's proprietary super narrow border technology and low temperature poly-silicon (LTPS) method are applied to reduce the border width to just 1mm when touch panel is placed on the module surface, allowing the screen to appear in its largest at the cell phone's display area. In addition, AMOLED, IGZO (indium gallium zinc oxide) and AHVA (Advanced Hyper-Viewing Angle) technologies are being developed by AUO to constantly drive the trends for ultra high resolution, ultra wide viewing angle and super narrow border technologies.
"As portable smart devices become prevalent and the size of mobile displays grow larger, audio-video entertainment, interactive games and content downloading have emerged at the top of consumers' demand list," said Mr. T.K. Wu, AUO's VP & GM of Mobile Solutions Business Group. "AUO proactively develops the latest technologies including AMOLED and IGZO and excels by introducing ultra high resolution, ultra wide viewing angle and super narrow border technologies. Mobile devices in the future will become lighter and smaller, color and image quality will also be all the more impressive, offering customers even more innovative solutions to choose from."
AUO has successfully developed AHVA panels ranging from 3 inches to 15.6 inches and has included them to a full array of mobile device applications, such as digital camera, smartphone, e-reader, car display, tablet and Ultrabook. AUO's 4.97-inch Full HD AHVA Mobile Display, which has entered mass production, is made with LTPS process and has full HD resolution of 1080x1920 (443ppi). The display is to satiate consumers' ultimate quest for exquisite image quality.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV