Pennsylvania Governor Corbett, PEMA Urge Residents To Prepare For Hurricane Sandy
Anyone who needs to go to a shelter can find out where to go by contacting their municipal emergency management office. To find contact information for your township, borough or city, look in the government section (Blue Pages) of your local telephone directory or search online.
Specific information about any major state road closures is available by calling 511 or by www.511pa.com.
In addition to driving cautiously, motorists should also expect delays and allow extra time in their travel schedules.
When it's raining or when roads are wet, motorists should also turn on their headlights and increase the following distance between vehicles. Pennsylvania law dictates that headlights must be turned on any time a vehicle's wipers are on.Information such as checklists for emergency kits and templates for emergency plans, as well as other information and volunteer opportunities, is available at www.ReadyPA.org or by calling 1-888-9-READYPA (1-888-973-2397). Click here to see the governor's letter to the president: http://www.portal.state.pa.us/portal/server.pt/document/1297808/10_28_12-_presidential_disaster_declaration-_governor_pdf Media contacts: Ruth A. Miller, PEMA; 717-651-2009 Janet Kelley, Governor's Office; 717-425-1046 SOURCE Pennsylvania Office of the Governor
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV