In addition, Verizon managers are communicating the company's storm preparation efforts and coordinating pre-planned response activities with the public-safety community, as well as state, county and municipal agencies along the East Coast and the Midwest.
"Verizon Wireless stands ready to serve our customers, and I urge everyone first and foremost to stay safe," said Dan Mead, president and CEO of Verizon Wireless. "We live and work in the towns and cities in the storm's path, and we are dedicated to keeping our friends, families and neighbors connected in times like these. We prepare for situations like this year-round, and pride ourselves in our ability to be there for our customers when they count on us most."
As Sandy's track came more into focus, the company began communicating with its customers on Friday ( Oct. 26), posting consumer tips on various company websites, issuing a news release to media outlets in the threatened region and nationally, engaging customers through social media such as Twitter and Facebook, and sending emails to consumers, with key links for troubleshooting and reporting service problems.
Bob Mudge, president of Verizon's Consumer and Mass Business division, said: "In addition to communicating with customers and ensuring that we will be working to keep the network operating and responding quickly to issues as they arise, we have reminded our employees of the need to work safely, be alert, and help our customers in any way they can. But our people know this well and are at their best in these critical situations when our customers depend on us the most."Mudge noted that even though Verizon technicians may be ready to repair storm-damaged Verizon facilities, they may have to wait for approval from local power companies, first-responders or law enforcement before beginning restoration work.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV