SUNNYVALE, Calif. and BOSTON, Oct. 28, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- ASTRO 2012 -- Accuray Incorporated (Nasdaq: ARAY), the premier radiation oncology company, today launched its new TomoTherapy® H™ Series, featuring the TomoHDA™ System, with faster planning, faster delivery and increased quality. The TomoHDA System was unveiled at the 54th Annual American Society for Radiation Oncology (ASTRO) Meeting in Boston. Key features of the TomoHDA System include:
- Accuray's new TomoEDGE™ dynamic jaws technology provides users with added flexibility in treatment delivery by sharpening dose fall off and accuracy. In many cases the use of TomoEDGE for head and neck tumors and prostate cancer treatments has resulted in the reduction of beam-on time by half. With the TomoHDA™ System this new technology is standard and can be applied to both TomoHelical™ and TomoDirect™ treatment modes for 3DCRT and IMRT deliveries.
- The high-performance VoLO™ Technology – an enhancement to the TomoTherapy® treatment planning system – leverages the new dose calculation algorithm and advanced graphics processing technology to increase clinical efficiency, throughput and flexibility in developing both simple and the most complex radiation therapy plans.
"We are committed to our TomoTherapy customers and continue to innovate to provide the most advanced treatments in radiation oncology with the goal of improving patient care," said Joshua H. Levine, president and chief executive officer of Accuray. "The new TomoTherapy H™ Series offers treatment solutions for the entire spectrum of radiation therapy. It will enable unprecedented speed and efficiency ensuring the highest quality of care from the routine to the most complex cases."
The TomoHDA System is a fully-integrated 3D image-guided, full spectrum radiation therapy system and builds upon the proven TomoTherapy Hi-Art® and TomoHD™ technologies. The TomoHDA System offers multiple new benefits including performance enhancements, unrivaled dose distributions and faster treatments.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts