- Actively monitoring the continued path of Hurricane Sandy and the nor’easter while instituting flood prevention measures at Sprint network facilities and retail stores.
- Fully fueling all permanent generators and mobilizing portable generators into threatened areas to ensure they’re available to meet response needs based on the current track and intensity of Sandy and the nor’easter.
- Verifying operational readiness of generators and emergency equipment at all mobile switching centers and network Points of Presence (POP) – the facilities where traffic enters and leaves the company’s global IP network, which facilitate dedicated data services for Sprint’s corporate and government customers, as well as other critical communications.
- Ensuring Sprint network strike teams are on standby and ready to deploy following Sandy’s landfall and the nor’easter’s impact.
- Providing any local public safety agency in need of emergency communications assistance with 14 days of service free of charge for 25 Sprint ERT wireless devices in states where an official “state of emergency” has been declared, including Connecticut Maryland, Massachusetts, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, Virginia and Washington, D.C.
- Preparing and mobilizing the Sprint Emergency Response Team’s SatCOLT (Satellite Cell on Light Truck) assets, mobile phone and broadband devices, reservist staff and other equipment at its Sterling, Va. hub to provide wireless communications service to local first responders, emergency command centers and other public safety officials in the field.
Sprint Prepares Its Network And Emergency Response For Hurricane Sandy And Nor’easter Conditions
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts