Consumer Watchdog Injects Unnecessary Racial Arguments To The Proposition 33 Debate, Reports Yes On Prop 33
SACRAMENTO, Calif., Oct. 26, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- On the same day that the San Bernardino Sun released an editorial by writer Hardy Brown berating Consumer Watchdog for racist behavior, the Santa Monica based group levels the ugliest charges by saying that the initiative, which is endorsed by the Greenlining Institute, a long list of ethnic Chambers of Commerce, and every major Veterans' group military, is racist.
This is the same group of white corporate lawyers who were told early in the campaign by Sam Kang, of the Greenlining Institute, that people of color are able to speak for themselves and don't need the rich, white, lawyers of Consumer Watchdog speaking for them.
The San Bernardino article (below) reveals the noxious behavior of Jamie Court, the paid spokesperson of Consumer Watchdog, who told a spokesperson for Proposition 33 that her view of the initiative should be different because of who her husband is – an African-American man.
Proposition 33 is about allowing a discount for car insurance.Under the present system, people buying insurance, or who have had their insurance lapse, do not get a persistency discount that those who have kept insurance are allowed in California. Proposition 33 has added safety nets:
- Active military personnel keep their discount
- Individuals who have been furloughed or are unemployed for 18 months keep their discount
- Lapse for any reason for 90 days, and you are covered
- Even if you have not had car insurance for five years, Prop 33 gives you a proportional discount for the number of years you have had car insurance
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV