Having grabbed $50 million in assets under management already, SDOG might become a mainstay at the dividend ETF table. I still prefer Vanguard High Dividend Yield for the lower-cost structure and ease of trade; that is, as an institutional money manager, I am able to enter and exit VYM with remarkable ease.
Discussed another way, an individual who chooses to buy-n-hold a dividend fund should consider SDOG. On the other hand, if you choose to stagger stop-limit loss orders to
This article was written by an independent contributor, separate from TheStreet's regular news coverage.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV