DaVita Inc. (NYSE: DVA), a leading provider of kidney care services that is committed to improving the quality of life for those diagnosed with chronic kidney disease (CKD), today announced important emergency preparedness information and resources for dialysis patients, particularly those in Hurricane Sandy’s path – from North Carolina up to Connecticut.
DaVita® teammates will continue to monitor the storm as it progresses, providing patients with the most up-to-date information regarding their treatments. Dialysis patients require treatments at least three times per week and are at high risk during natural disasters and weather-related emergencies.
In order to prepare for the unexpected, DaVita recommends dialysis patients create an emergency kit that includes:
- Emergency phone numbers for their doctors and dialysis center, as well as contact information for a nearby dialysis center
- At least three days’ worth of medications, as well as a list of the dosage amounts
- If diabetic, a week’s worth of supplies (syringes, insulin, alcohol wipes, glucose monitoring strips, etc.)
- Access to clean water, food, a can opener, first aid supplies, and a battery-operated flashlight and radio
“The fact of the matter is that this storm can be unpredictable,” said Mark Taylor, DaVita divisional vice president. “The most important thing we can do at this point in time is provide our patients with the educational tools they need and encourage them to prepare for Hurricane Sandy as quickly and efficiently as possible.”Visit DaVita.com to see the full three-day emergency diet and additional emergency preparedness information, including:
- Emergency preparedness for people with kidney disease
- Preparing for the unexpected with home dialysis
- Diabetes Emergency Plan
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts