SAN FRANCISCO, Oct. 26, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Before autumn delivers its first cold snap, Pacific Gas and Electric Company (PG&E) reminds customers to call early for their free heater-pilot relight and natural gas appliance safety check.
Calling early will help ensure a more timely response before temperatures drop and the number of pilot relight requests significantly rises.
Customers can schedule a pilot relight and appliance safety check online by using the "My Energy" feature at www.pge.com, or by calling PG&E's 24-hour customer service line at 1-800-743-5000.
When temperatures are forecast to plummet in parts of Northern and Central California, PG&E will reallocate personnel to where they are needed most and tightly coordinate schedules and communications—all to respond to customer requests as quickly as possible.PG&E urges its customers to be cautious with home heating. Here are helpful tips and information:
- Never use products inside the home that generate dangerous levels of carbon monoxide, such as generators, barbecues, propane heaters and charcoal.
- When using the fireplace to stay warm, make sure the flue is open so that the byproducts of combustion can vent safely through the chimney.
- Carbon monoxide is a colorless, tasteless and odorless gas produced by the burning of fossil fuels and wood. If unsafe concentrations of carbon monoxide are not detected, the result can be fatal.
- In general, properly installed and maintained natural gas appliances produce very little to no carbon monoxide.
- As part of customers' gas service, PG&E representatives are available to inspect gas appliances and make sure they are working safely.
- For more winter heating safety information, go to www.pge.com/safetycentral.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV