NEW ORLEANS, Oct. 26, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Personnel at Entergy Corporation's nuclear plants in the Northeast continue to track Hurricane Sandy's path to ensure they are well prepared for the potential of high winds and rainfall. Entergy's plants in the Northeast include Indian Point Energy Center and James A. FitzPatrick Nuclear Power Plant in New York, Pilgrim Nuclear Power Station in Massachusetts and Vermont Yankee Nuclear Power Station in Vermont.
"Our nuclear plants are designed and built to withstand extreme weather," said John Herron, president and CEO of Entergy Nuclear. "Our team of expert personnel has been working diligently to ensure our plants are well prepared for any impacts resulting from this storm."
Preparations for the storm include reviewing emergency staffing plans and verifying emergency communications sources such as satellite phones and radios, communicating with local and state emergency response organizations, and securing outside material and equipment around the plant sites.Back-up diesel-powered generators are available to provide electricity to plant safety systems if power from offsite sources is lost. In addition, in the event of a loss of offsite power, plants are designed to safely shut down. Entergy Corporation is an integrated energy company engaged primarily in electric power production and retail distribution operations. Entergy owns and operates power plants with approximately 30,000 megawatts of electric generating capacity, including more than 10,000 megawatts of nuclear power, making it one of the nation's leading nuclear generators. Entergy delivers electricity to 2.8 million utility customers in Arkansas, Louisiana, Mississippi and Texas. Entergy has annual revenues of more than $11 billion and approximately 15,000 employees. Additional investor information can be accessed online at www.entergy.com/investor_relations SOURCE Entergy Corporation
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV