La. Weekly Unemployment Insurance Claims Drop
BATON ROUGE, La. (AP) â¿¿ First-time claims for unemployment insurance in Louisiana for the week ending Oct. 20, decreased from the previous week's total.
The state labor department figures released Friday show the initial claims decreased to 2,891 from the previous week's total of 2,909. For the comparable week a year earlier, there were 3,231 initial claims.
The four-week moving average, which is a less volatile measure of claims, decreased to 2,920 from the previous week's total of 3,021
Continued unemployment claims claimed for the week ending Oct. 20 decreased to 30,724, compared to 30,946 the previous week. The four-week moving average for such claims decreased to 31,274 from the previous week's average of 31,785.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV