TYSONS CORNER, Va., Oct. 26, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- MicroStrategy® Incorporated (Nasdaq: MSTR), a leading worldwide provider of business intelligence (BI) software, today delivers a compelling analysis of the Facebook fan bases of Obama and Romney across key battleground states with its Wisdom app.
Wisdom, a social intelligence platform, provides powerful insights into the overall preferences of nearly five million US-based Facebook users, representing more than 3% of the US Facebook population. These insights are based on aggregated and anonymized Facebook profiles, which include "Likes" and check-ins, as well as census data.
Wisdom currently analyzes more than 535,000 Obama and 172,000 Romney Facebook fans based in the US, and tells us, in aggregate, who they are; where they live; how old they are; what they read; what they watch; what they listen to; what they eat and drink; and where they hang out. To see a comparison of Obama and Romney Facebook fans nationwide and in eight key swing states using Wisdom data, click here.Romney's Facebook fans skew toward male voters, married couples, and an older age demographic, while Obama's Facebook fans are more evenly split between male and female, are more likely to be single, and skew younger. In addition:
- Romney fans drink Florida Natural, Crown Royal, Coors Light, and Budweiser; Obama fans drink Ciroc, Belvedere Vodka, Kool-Aid, Gatorade, and Dos Equis.
- Romney fans eat at Chick-fil-A; Obama fans eat at McDonald's.
- Romney fans like John Wayne and Clint Eastwood; Obama fans like Jada Pinkett Smith and Bernie Mac.
- Romney fans listen to Ted Nugent; Obama fans listen to Fantasia.
- Romney fans watch College GameDay; Obama fans watch The Rachel Maddow Show.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV