New Jersey American Water is closely monitoring the developments of the path of Hurricane Sandy and is implementing emergency preparation measures.
To minimize the storm’s potential impact to New Jersey American Water’s facilities and to customers’ water service, the action the company is taking includes: backing up power sources, and reinforcing points in the water distribution system and at treatment plants.
As Hurricane Sandy approaches, New Jersey American Water encourages customers to take the following steps: conserve water, fill your bathtub with water in case your water service is disrupted, and, in this, and any emergency, know where the main water shut off valve is and be sure to shut off water if evacuating.
Throughout the storm and its aftermath, New Jersey American Water will be providing update via its web page ( www.newjerseyamwater.com) and through its Facebook site ( www.facebook.com/newjerseyamericanwater).New Jersey American Water, a subsidiary of American Water (NYSE: AWK), is the largest investor-owned water utility in the state, providing high-quality and reliable water and/or wastewater services to approximately 2.5 million people. Founded in 1886, American Water is the largest publicly traded U.S. water and wastewater utility company. With headquarters in Voorhees, N.J., the company employs more than 7,000 dedicated professionals who provide drinking water, wastewater and other related services to approximately 15 million people in more than 30 states, as well as parts of Canada. More information can be found by visiting www.amwater.com.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV