American Financial Group
American Financial Group (AFG) is a holding company that, through its subsidiaries, is engaged mainly in property and casualty insurance. This stock is trading up 1.1% at $38.91 in recent trading.
Today's Volume: 937,000Average Volume: 495,783 Volume % Change: 192% >>5 Toxic Stocks to Sell Now From a technical perspective, AFG is moving modestly higher here with above-average volume. This move is quickly pushing AFG within range of triggering a near-term breakout trade. That trade will hit once AFG manages to take out some near-term overhead resistance at $39.48 with high volume. Traders should now look for long-biased trades in AFG as long as it's trending above some near-term support at $38.26, and then once it sustains a move or close above $39.48 with volume that hits near or above 495,783 shares. If that breakout triggers soon, then AFG will set up to re-test or possibly take out its next major overhead resistance level at $40.54. Keep in mind that any move above $40.54 will push AFG into new 52-week high territory, which would be bullish technical price action. To see more stocks rising on unusual volume, check out the Stocks Rising on Unusual Volume portfolio on Stockpickr. -- Written by Roberto Pedone in Winderemere, Fla.
Twitter and become a fan on Facebook.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV