Columbia Sportswear (COLM) is engaged in the design, sourcing, marketing and distribution of outdoor apparel, footwear, accessories and equipment. This stock is trading up 3.4% at $55.56 in recent trading.
Today's Volume: 220,000Average Volume: 134,831 Volume % Change: 222% >>5 Stocks With Big Insider Buying From a technical perspective, COLM is moving notably higher here with above-average volume. This move has started to push COLM into breakout territory, since the stock has challenged some near-term overhead resistance levels at $54.76 to $55.57. At last check, COLM has hit an intraday high of $57.21 and volume is well above its three-month average action of 134,831 shares. Traders should now look for long-biased trades in COLM as long as it's trending above $54.76 with strong upside volume flows. I would consider any upside volume day that registers near or above its three-month average volume of 134,831 shares as bullish. If COLM can maintain that trend, then look for this stock to re-test or possibly take out its next major overhead resistance level at $57.87. Any high-volume move above $57.87 will put $60 to $62.50 into focus for COLM.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV