Cloud Peak Energy
Cloud Peak Energy (CLD) is a producer of coal in the U.S. and in the Powder River Basin. This stock is trading up 10.6% at $21.05 in recent trading.
Today's Volume: 2.6 millionAverage Volume: 781,305 Volume % Change: 388% >>3 Hot Stocks to Trade (or Not) From a technical perspective, CLD is ripping higher here right off some near-term support at $19.50 with above-average volume. This move has also pushed CLD into breakout territory, since the stock has started to move above some near-term overhead resistance at $20.55. Traders should now look for long-biased trades in CLD as long as it's trending above $20.55 with strong upside volume flows. I would consider any upside volume day that registers near or above 781,305 shares as bullish. If CLD can maintain that trend, then this stock will set up to re-test or possibly take out its next significant overhead resistance level at $24 to $24.34. The probability of hitting those levels will increase once CLD takes out today's high of $22.31 with volume.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV