- Entrepreneur - Mo Ibrahim : Anglo-Sudanese Founder of the African telecommunications giant, Celtel, Mo Ibrahim has now set out to improve the day to day lives of over 700 million Africans by encouraging best practice in political leadership and governance across the continent. His first step has been to set up the Mo Ibrahim Foundation, which manages an index ranking the quality of governance in all 53 African countries and a prize awarded to democratically elected former Heads of State who have delivered security, health, education, rights, rule of law and economic development to their constituents.
- Social Entrepreneur - Tony Meloto: Phillipino The founder of Gawad Kalinga , a template for enabling volunteers to build integrated, holistic and, perhaps most importantly, sustainable communities in slum areas across the developing world. Initially focused on the Philippines, Gawad Kalinga now works with over 2000 communities across its original home, Indonesia, Cambodia and Papua New Guinea and has attracted interest as far afield as Latin America and South Africa. Believing that poverty is as much about the loss of human dignity as about scarcity of resources, it seeks to bridge the gap between rich and poor, government and the private sector.
- Women Entrepreneur - Aude de Thuin: French Initially trained as a psychologist, Aude is the founder of the Women ' s Forum for the Economy and Society. An annual event which now embraces over 1,200 delegates the Women's Forum is designed to promote the representation of women in all areas of society and greater gender parity in all seats of power. The Women's Forum has been recognised by the Financial Times as one of the most influential of its kind in the world. In 2011, having built its international reputation, she resigned from the Women's Forum to found " Osons la France " , conceived to encourage society to resist the current economic gloom and "dare to believe in France".
- Policy maker - Irina Bokova: Bulgarian The first woman to hold the post of Director General of UNESCO. A former Bulgarian minister for foreign affairs, her contribution to her country's development has been recognised by The New York Times, which described her as playing an active role in Bulgaria's transformation to become a European Union member. She plays a key role at UNESCO in transforming education to develop global citizenship.
- Young Entrepreneur - Melissa Kushner: American The founder of goods for good which helps local communities in Africa to care for more than 67,000 orphans by providing them with the surplus goods of the developed world - so far over 100 tons of children's clothes, school equipment, toys and other supplies. Goods for good also helps to build businesses with community centres which provide vulnerable children with real opportunities to live successful, self-sufficient lives.
The World Entrepreneurship Forum Announces Winners Of Its 2012 Awards
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
Portfolio Manager Jim Cramer and Director of Research Jack Mohr reveal their investment tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
David Peltier uncovers low dollar stocks with serious upside potential that are flying under Wall Street's radar.
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
David Peltier identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
Every recommendation goes through 3 layers of intense scrutinyquantitative, fundamental and technical analysisto maximize profit potential and minimize risk.
More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.