NEW YORK ( TheStreet) -- Massachussets fined Citigroup (C) $2 million after its top technology analyst and an unnamed junior analyst improperly disclosed non-public material information about Facebook (FB) prior to its IPO.
Citigroup was an underwriter in the Facebook IPO and its analysts were prohibited from disseminating any non-public information prior to the offer.
The bank fired its top technology analyst Mark Mahaney for the breach on Friday, the Wall Street Journal reported.
Mahaney is unnamed in the complaint although the
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV