Clearly, the smarter, lighter, faster, taller incarnation of the iconic smartphone has proved irresistible for gadget junkies. In fact, some reviews have been reminiscent of Kanye West's "Stronger" lyrics.
Apps that have yet to be adjusted for the iPhone 5's slightly larger screen, which is 1,136-by-640 pixels versus the iPhone 4's 960-by-640 pixels, will display between a top and bottom border to simulate the old screen size.
The "Amazing Apps for iPhone 5" featured in the App Store last month included generic apps, such as OpenTable, Flipboard, and Path, that have been optimized for the new version of the smartphone. But in order to see how the iPhone 5 is "better, faster, stronger," TheStreet recommends downloading these five free apps:
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV